Sunday, August 2, 2009

Eli's Story

Just thought I should write down a little bit about this special little boy that has come to our family. I just had to write down the experience that I had with him before I got pregnant with him. I just didn't want to forget it so here goes. First of all when I was pregnant with Elena, I had a dream that I had a little girl. Then a week later, I had a dream that I had a little boy. Well, I got my little girl and so I figured I would probably have my little boy next, just didn't know when he would come. I had planned on waiting until August before I got pregnant again. Elena would be almost 18 months and then baby could come right at the end of the school year. Well, my little Eli and the Lord had other plans. In May, right after Elena's 1 year birthday, I had another dream about my little Eli. In that dream, he spoke to me and said, "Mom, don't forget about me." It was one of those dreams that was so real, like his little spirit had actually come to me and spoken to me in person. Then after that, I kept feeling like I was missing a child. I would count my kids and I would have my 4 kids, but then I felt like one was missing. He just kept coming to me and I started feeling guilty, because we weren't trying to have another baby. I put him off for a little while, but in the end he won and Ronny and I decided that we should go ahead and try to have another baby. Since we never find out what the sex of our babies are until they come, I'm not usually very good at guessing what they are. However, because of my dreams and because of this little guy's persistance he was the only one that I was pretty sure about what he was before he came. I would have been completely and totally shocked if he had come out a girl. So from the beginning of his little life here on earth and before, I have always felt that his little spirit is sooo strong. He was so excited to come to earth that he didn't want to wait even a couple of months longer. He still reminds me every day what a strong little spirit he is with his sweet little smile and the look of wisdom beyond his earthly years, that shines in his eyes. He, like Caleb, could have been a Keali'inoe'au (wise chief in Hawaiian). But instead, he is Kawika or David in Hawaiian which means beloved. Kawika was also the name of the last Hawaiian King which is another story all together. So that's t he story of my little Eli and why he came when he did. We may find that there are other reasons why he needed to come when he did, I guess we'll just have to find out later.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love this!! Thank you so much for sharing such a spiritual experience with those you care about! Experiences like the one you just described are so precious and hard to come by sometimes! Cherish it!! We are trying to add to our little family as well but it is taking some medicial miracles to make it happen! What a beautiful story you have to hold in your heart!

    ReplyDelete