Sunday, March 18, 2012

Under His Watchful Care

 This past Monday, I was reminded again how much the Lord truly is watching out for me.  I took Ronny to work, because I needed the car to get some water from the store and Jakob had his first baseball practice.  It's rare that I take Ronny to work and that day I actually had a cell phone with me which is also a rare thing since we only have one and Ronny usually takes it with him.  I was on my way back from dropping him off and had only been driving about 10 minutes when I heard a pop under the hood and a clicking sound.  So I pulled over right away and popped the hood.  Obviously, I couldn't call Ronny, because he was at work and there was no way that he could get to me.  So I called my brother, Isaac and and asked if he was busy at work (it was about 3:15 p.m.) and if he was able to come help me figure out what was going on with the car.  I tried to explain to him what I saw under the hood, but since I have very little knowledge about engines on cars, I probably sounded ridiculous trying to explain to him that there was this black cord on the engine that had popped off and broken inside.  Anyway, Isaac just happened to have gotten off work early that day and he was already at home.  I had Eli in the car with me, but he had fallen asleep on the way.  Since, Isaac only lived about 5 minutes away from where I was stranded, I didn't even have to wait that long and I was able to pull into a little parking lot area, so I wasn't waiting on the side of the road. After Isaac got there, he was able to determine that a spark plug had blown out and busted the wire out.  The spark plug is still missing in action.  Who knows where it went.  But thank goodness it was an easy, fast, and fairly inexpensive fix.  And thank goodness, Ronny got paid a little extra on his last paycheck.  If I didn't have the car, then most likely that would have happened to Ronny at 11:00 at night and there would have been no car parts stores open.  It would have been pitch black outside and he wouldn't have been able to fix the car until the next day.  And my brother would have gotten a very late call. Whew!  Still can't help but recognize the lord's hand in my life and how he worked out all these things for me and Ronny that day.    Ronny was relieved to find out that his pregnant wife and little boy had been so wonderfully taken care of when he wasn't around.  There are truly angels among us and how grateful I am to know that very simple truth.

2 comments:

  1. I love your perspective on life! When is that sweet little baby due?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dorothy, can I just say how much I love you. Seriously, you are such a light in my life. I love reading your blog and seeing your cute family. Baby is due May 7, but since all my babies cook a little faster, ;) it will probably be around the end of April.

    ReplyDelete