Hemming pants has always been one of those scary things that I was always too afraid to try, because I thought I would totally mess up a good pair of pants by either not sewing it straight or making it too long or too short. Plus finding the right color of thread to match. So I was content to wear my too long pants and just roll them up. Anyway, it was really kind of a daunting task for me before I found this tutorial on hemming pants. This makes it sooooo easy to hem pants. So today, I got up the nerve to try it out on two of my maternity pants, because I just got another sewing machine off of Craigslist. And this is the result.
BEFORE: With my way too long pant legs, notice that I am stepping on the back of the leg because the length is just too long.
AFTER the fixed hem.
Now this certainly may not seem like a historical or momentous occasion to anyone else, but for me it is. So happy to have pants that are the right length for my shortness. No more rolling them up, no more tripping or stepping on the bottom when the roll starts to come down. What can I say, I'm easy to please. =)



No comments:
Post a Comment