Sunday, January 16, 2011

Discovery Mad Libs

My kids have discovered Mad Libs. In Joshua's words, "It's sooo fun!" I remember loving them as a kid and cracking up when we read through the little story with the words that we had randomly picked based on what kind of word was needed in the blank space. They had to read this one to me today. All the time laughing so hard that they brought tears to their eyes. Ronny and I had to just laugh, because they were so funny to watch as they read this little Mad Lib to us. The title of it is called "Going on a 'DIG.'" The bold type words are the ones that Jakob came up with while Joshua dictated to him what kinds of words he needed to come up with. Little stinker decided on a few not very nice words. I should make him change it.
A "dig" is what archaeologiest call it when a bunch of restrooms go to a desert and look for old bones and pieces of baby and fossilized hamburgers. Spanking and looking for dinosaur bones is really a cool way to spend a vacation. Last year I dug up the jawbone of a tyrannosaurus fat. The tyrannosaurus is my favorite vegetables. It was 1 feet tall and had a huge pinata with hundreds of stupid teeth. It was carnivorous and would only eat corn. The brontosaurus and the diplodicus were herbivorous, which means they would only eat cake or sometimes, pork. If you go on a "dig," you might also find old pieces of hair or ancient Indian girls or pieces of hairy pottery. You can sell this sort of thing to brave museums for enough to pay for your trip.

I should see if they still sell these somewhere. It's great for Lang. Arts skills. And apparently a lot of fun!=)

No comments:

Post a Comment