
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Poisonberries and Learning Experiences
Last night was quite an eventful evening in our home. We had one croupy coughing baby, one little girl who must have just had some bad dreams, two boys throwing up a couple of times each, and one little boy with a croupy cough. I am completely exhausted! Ronny and I took turns getting up with the kids. AAAH! One of the joys of parenting. Anyway, we weren't sure what brought on this sudden bought of sickness, however, we know that they don't have the flu. In fact, Joshua and Jakob decided to tell us this morning that yesterday they took a bite of some small berries off of a neighbors bush, because a little boy told them that they were grapes and that they just weren't ripe. Tell me, does this even make since to anyone? Apparently it did to my kids or they just haven't learned to think for themselves yet. Oh, the learning process always is lined with consequences whether they be good or bad. And my kids got a first-hand experience with a bad choice and its consequences. Not that they don't get those experiences all the time, this one was a great one though, because for one they didn't kill themselves and two they don't like to be sick so hopefully this little experience will be burned into their memory a little better than previous experiences with bad choices. And even though I am tired from an exhausting night, I'm kind of glad that they got to have this experience. Because how many times have we as parents said, "Don't put that in your mouth," to our kids. Whether it be nasty gum on the sidewalk or cleaning solution bottles or a thumb. They still had to experiment and listen to the advice of another kid who is probably sick today too! "Why not?" They may have asked in the past. Well, now they know, "Why not!" from first-hand experience. These pictures kind of sum up how I feel today. However, unlike my little miss here, I can't find a nice stair to climb on and fall asleep. In fact, I much prefer a comfortable bed! =)

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment