Sunday, August 10, 2014

Lemonade Stand

From time to time my kids have wanted to do a little something to make some extra money and I have to admit, that sometimes it feels like more work for me and I feel like I have to gear myself up and be prepared. It seems that when you have six kids, it is tricky to just go with the flow and do things at the last minute. But Eli and Elena were really looking forward to doing a lemonade stand, so I figured, I could dedicate half of my Saturday to helping them with this. Elena is quite the little salesgirl. Since no one was stopping by, she went to all the neighbors and asked them to come buy some lemonade from them. The excitement and joy on their faces when they got a new customer was really priceless. So my room, which is in serious need of a clean up is still in a sad state, but I think I will still look back on this as a wonderful memory. I won't remember as much that my room was a disaster and my house was a mess. I am reminded of this cute little poem,

Sometimes you get discouraged
Because I am so small,

And always leave my fingerprints

On furniture and walls.
But everyday I'm growing,
I'll be grown up someday,
And all these tiny handprints
Will simply fade away
So here's a final handprint
Just so you can recall,
Exactly how my fingers looked
When I was very small

So this picture serves as a reminder that YOLO (YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE). And those cute little moments when the smallest things can bring the biggest smiles will be gone before I know it. I must remember to appreciate each day and live each day more fully and if that includes leaving my mess to fend for itself for a day, then so be it. 

One other sidenote, because of the excitement of Eli and Elena, all my big boys got excited about it too and Joshua decided to make some Lemon Italian Ice and I also made some brownies and he went around door to door with Caleb, Elena, and Eli to sell them. They didn't make much, but they did have fun and the $2 each that they earned made them very proud. Without any prompting from me, they immediately started trying to figure out how much tithing that they needed to pay. I am reminded again how blessed I am to have such good kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment