This year, I really got in the mood to be crafty for valentines and I think that my kids were happy about that. We made all 60+ Valentines for the kids and we had a blast doing it. All wonderful ideas that I found off of Pinterest. Here are some of the fun valentines we were able to make.
Huge Rice Crispy Treats shaped and wrapped like Hershey Kisses. These were the valentines I made for my family. Some had tags that said, "Happy Valentine's Day!" And some said, "Kisses, Kisses, Kisses!"
These were a great one for boys. The person who posted these called them whirly gigs. I think a better name would be like paper helicopters. We attached a piece of gum to one side on the bottom. You hold them up high and drop them down and they helicopter down. The kids loved trying them out from the top floor of the house. The helicopter says, "You Rate Sky-High With Me. Happy Valentine's Day." It was so much easier this year to make Valentines now that my big kids are getting old enough to do most of it themselves. Found the template at Skip to my Lou.
This was another template for valentine fortune tellers. My kids have been into these a lot recently. This had no candy, but it was a fun game anyway. Found the template at Designmom.com.
This was for Elena's valentines. They are bling rings made from pipe cleaners and Hershey Kisses. I just used a heart punch to make the heart attached to the ring. They just said, "You Rock Valentine!" Really, all the kids liked these, but especially the girls. The tutorial was found on Momontimeout.com
We also made two other kinds of valentine's for Joshua and Caleb, but I didn't get pics of those before we gave them all away, but these are kind of what they looked like. This was a super hero valentine found on Littlebitfunky.com
This was pretty close to what Joshua's airplane valentines. They say, "Valentine, you're just plane cool!" and I found them at Familyfun.go.com

And last, but not least, I wanted to do one more girl one, so we did this for Elena too. Found these at Skiptomylou.org also. So simple, but so cute!
For part of Ronny's gift, I got this little wall vinyl saying on sale for our bedroom. I had planned on putting a whole bunch of memories of us in some balloons and then scattering them all over my bed for him to open, but then I realized that I didn't have enough balloons, so I should have improvised, but got busy with everything else and didn't.
I should mention really quickly that the kids also had a blast at their school's Valentine Skating Party in Veyo. Ronny had the day off, so he skated with the little ones, since I couldn't. We brought the wiggly car for Eli and Elena to use since we weren't sure how they would do on skates. Elena and Eli both decided that they wanted to try out skates at some point during the activity. I must say, Eli was pretty darn good at staying up. He actually skated all by himself. Well, walk-skated anyway. I was amazed at the balance he had on them. He even managed to escape a couple of crazy skaters. Kind of wished I could have gotten out there to skate. That would have been way fun, but who knows maybe we'll get a chance to do it again next year. All in all it was a really fun Valentine week and it's always fun for me and my kiddies to have the chance to create together.




No comments:
Post a Comment