Sunday, February 12, 2012

I Heart Sundays

Sunday has to be my favorite day of the week.  Some of the many reasons why I love it are:
I love going to church
I love the blessing of feeling the power of the spirit so strongly
I love the opportunity to teach Relief Society once a month (even though it makes me so nervous that I can't think straight and I cry and I sometimes lose sleep over it)
I love how my kids treat each other after church, they are so much kinder to one another
It always motivates me to want to be better
It gives me the extra spiritual "umph" that gets me through my week
I love to hear the testimonies of others and gain greater knowledge from their experiences and their amazing spirits
I love getting the chance to see wonderful people and building friendships with people. That would be harder to do if I didn't go to church each week.
I love it when I can take a Sunday afternoon nap
When my hubby doesn't have to work on Sundays, I love visiting with family and friends
I love the break from the every day grime and the opportunity to serve in the church
---This has been one of my goals this year, to seek for more opportunities to serve.  The Lord certainly knows how to help me with my goals.  Every week, but one this year, I have had the opportunity to substitute for someone, whether it be teaching or playing piano or organ.  I figure that this is the first time in a long time that I haven't had a music calling, so if someone needs a sub, then I should be willing to do it, because the Lord didn't give me this talent so it could go to waste.  I am actually grateful to have the opportunity to have a different kind of calling, because I feel like I can grow in other capacities besides music.

This week, I got the chance to teach from the book Teachings of George Albert Smith.  What a great man, he was!  Reading his amazing testimony has truly been a testimony builder for me. Today's lesson was on having a testimony of Christ. I felt like I should break up the Relief Society into 3 groups and give each group a small part of the lesson to read and gave them some questions from the lesson to go along with their reading.  Wow!  What wonderful sisters we have in our ward!  They were such good sports and many were so willing to share their thoughts, feelings, and experiences. I really felt the spirit, and hopefully the other sisters were able to do the same. I have to say that one of my favorite parts was when my 4 oldest kids ended the lesson singing the 1st and 3rd verses of "We'll Bring the World His Truth."  They were a little intimidated and didn't sing as loudly as they practiced, but I think their point came across with help from the spirit.  So proud of them and their willingness to do that for me.  Of course, I did have to bribe them with a little Wii time. ;)  Overall, it's been another wonderful Sunday full of spiritual and uplifting experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment