Sunday, July 3, 2011

Warning: Proud Mom Comments

I just thought I needed to brag about my kids for this blog post. I really feel that I have some of the most amazing kids. They are such a blessing to me. These are some of the things that they did this week that amaze me. Monday Joshua and Jakob got up and before I had even gotten up, they had gotten themselves some breakfast and started their chores without even being asked. Apparently, they had decided the night before that they were going to try to make my day less stressful the next day. What thoughtful boys I have and their little plan worked. I had the best day that day. On Friday, Joshua poured a bowl of cereal for me for breakfast, just to be nice. I got out of bed and he handed me the bowl of cereal. Again, he was trying to be helpful and thoughtful. These little acts of service aren't limited to just this week. They happen each and every day with my big boys. They are always helping me with the younger kids. Elena even tries to help with Eli. She wanted to change his poopy diaper this week. Eli wouldn't have it, but she still felt she should help me clean him up with the wipes. Caleb helps get his little brother and sister drinks when they are thirsty and helps take out the trash. He's still learning to be helpful without being asked, but he has two great examples to follow.

Today, Jakob also got up and bore his testimony without any prodding on our part. He went up there all by himself. He is so sincere in his testimony, I am amazed by his lack of fear and his willingness to just get up there and do it. No way, would I have had the guts do that at his age.

Eli is just a joy to us, even though he threw spaghetti in his sister's hair and thought he was hilarious this week. I got to play the organ today in sacrament meeting and he came up there to sit with me on the organ bench while I played the last hymn, "America the Beautiful." He's the only kid I know that finds a beat to dance to in everything. As he sat next to me, he started bobbing up and down to the beat of the song. Ronny was sitting on the second row in the congregation, cracking up. Funny boy! He was really good about leaving the organ keys alone, until the very last system of the song and he just couldn't resist holding down a few wrong notes. It was only for a second though, so maybe some people didn't notice a couple of wrong notes. =)

Okay, bragging session is done for now. Love my kiddies!

No comments:

Post a Comment