Sunday, March 21, 2010

Beach Photos

The first day in California we went to Long Beach. We got bad directions and ended up getting there too late to do much, so all of the pictures we have are not that great. However, we did get to eat at a restaurant that was recommended on the travel channel called Roscoe's House of Waffles and Chicken. They do have yummy food, if you don't mind chicken on the bone. It was good southern-style fried chicken. Now, I thought waffles sounded like a funny thing to put with fried chicken, but I guess it's kinda like adding rice or potatoes to a dish. The waffles were so good, I only added butter on top and they were scrumptious even without syrup.

Finger-lickin' good food!


This was when we went to Seal Beach, the day after we went to Disneyland. It was such a cold day! The wind was crazy and I had forgotten to bring Eli a jacket. He just wanted to get down in the sand and play, but it was just too cold.
They kids all had fun trying to find shells on the beach, unfortunately, they didn't find any whole shells, only partial ones. They wanted to keep the shells, but Ronny told them that if they found some whole shells, then they could keep them. Maybe next time we will be able to spend more time at the beach, so we can look for some pretty shells.



Decided to write all our names in the sand. That was fun!





I didn't forget Jakob's coat, he just decided that he didn't have room for it and took it out of his backpack after we had checked his bag. Crazy kid!









No comments:

Post a Comment