Sunday, November 20, 2011

Surprise Baby Number 6

About 3 months ago, we found out that Heavenly Father had sent us a special little surprise.  Yes, this baby was very much an unexpected surprise.  I was quite happy having 5 little blessings from Heavenly Father.  When we found out about baby number 6, it caught us completely off guard.  With all of our kids we have always felt like the Lord would provide for our needs and somehow we would be able to manage our finances in such a way to be able to take care of these children.  This time was different.  You see we've never been rich and we've never had a lot of extra money to spend on frivolous things, but we've always had enough.  But we've also never been in such dire straights either.  So as much as I was getting a little baby hungry before I found out I was pregnant, the financial stress has really put a damper on things for me. The kids are really excited and happy to be having another little baby to join our family.  In fact, Joshua and Jakob had both been telling me in previous months that they wanted one more baby.  Guess, Heavenly Father really knows how to try to get his message across and I just wasn't listening.  So for me, it's mixed feelings at this point.  Yes, I am excited to have another little sweetie, but those darn finances are really making life tricky.  I am especially grateful for the dreams that he has sent me and Ronny.  In the past, we have never found out what the gender of the baby is until they come.  This time, however, I really felt like I needed to know.  I don't know why.  So I prayed to ask Heavenly Father if he could give me some inspiration on the subject and I had a strong feeling that we are having a girl.  Ronny had a dream about her name.  Then I had another dream that she had lots of long dark brown hair that stood straight up.  So it seems that we may just have one more little cutie with dark hair, like Joshua and her daddy.  I am so grateful for those dreams.  They remind me of what's really important and that is bringing these little spirits down to the earth so that they can help bring forth the Lord's great work.  I just pray that I am up to the task. =)

1 comment:

  1. Me and Lamon have been thinking lately that 5 kids is a good number, but we totally know that we won't resist inspiration telling us otherwise! My Mom had a dream before she had me and my twin sister that she was going to have a boy and a girl. She wasn't expecting two little girls . . . but that's what happened. She had us at 43 and the doctor told her to quit already! But she knew there was still a little boy coming and at 45 she had my brother! There are 9 of us!! My Mom is an amazing woman.

    ReplyDelete