Sunday, November 20, 2011
Primary Warriors
Today was our ward's primary program. They were all so cute, as usual! Joshua got to sing with a group of boys on one song and got a little nervous on his speaking part, but he was able to recite most of it from memory without looking. Jakob had no problem spouting out his memorized part with ease (normal for this kid). Caleb wasn't comfortable looking at the audience, but he recited his part from memory. Elena spoke her part pretty clearly, even though she is so little and short that we couldn't see her behind the kids in front of her, even when she was standing. The last song was We'll Bring the World His Truth. First of all, I love that song. Second of all, when we all joined in singing with them on the last 2 verses, it was kind of a tear jerker. That song has a special place in my heart from when I was in the MTC as a missionary. I got to be a part of the church's bicentennial celebration that year and we sang that song as part of the ceremony. Absolutely awesome experience! I will never forget the powerful spirit that I felt at that ceremony with 2,000 of the Lord's powerful army of missionaries at the time. Well, this part of the primary program really touched me. I couldn't help but think about all these amazing spirits joining us as part of the Lord's army. These children who stand up for truth and shine as an example to all the world even now at this young age. The thought of the Lord's work moving forward with such a great force and power behind it, was truly inspiring and exciting. I blame my tears partially on feeling the spirit so strong and partially on the fact that I am pregnant. At any rate, it felt like a great gift to be in the presence of such wonderful little warriors who I'm sure will welcome in the savior at his second coming.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment