Sunday, April 17, 2011
Miracle on 100 S.
This week we have had more answers to prayers. For about a month, we have been in limbo as far as getting our passports so we could continue the process of getting ready to go to South Korea. Something we have felt very strongly that we should do. I mean the lord can't get any more direct with us in this case. Our original plan was to leave about the end of May, beginning of June. We just hadn't come up with the $900 to pay for all of our passports. We've been praying really hard and had days where I started to lose faith. Anyway, we get a call on Thursday morning from our Bishop's wife and she says, we were wondering if we could rent your house. First of all, that was a total shock! I had just woken up and that was quite the surprise to wake up to. I told her that we weren't sure when we were leaving, because we were waiting for the money for our passports. So we said, goodbye and I thought that was the end of it. Well, a few hours later, she calls again and says, "I talked to my husband about it and we thought that if that was the only thing that was holding you up from going to South Korea, maybe we could go ahead and pay you a deposit in advance. Would that help?" Well, I just about fell over when I said, "Yah, that would." Then she said, "Well, then we would know that we would have a place to stay and then you would be able to get your passports." I forgot to mention that she had told me that their house had just sold and they were trying to find a place to rent. They thought that they had found one, but then didn't feel good about the place they were going to rent. Also, they could stay in the ward and they could be just around the corner from all of their kids that live in the ward. So not only does the lord take care of our passport problem, but he also takes care of renting our house for us. Double whammy blessings! Both parties benefit. I got off the phone with her and when I talked to Ronny about it, I just started crying. I was in complete and total awe and amazement and posted as my facebook status, "I never cease to be amazed at how the Lord is able to work miracles in my life. 'I will go and do the things which the Lord commandeth, for I know that he giveth no commandment. . . save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish (it).' 1 Nephi 3:7 Amen to that!" The Lord told us to go to S. Korea and we had done all we knew how to do and he made it possible for us to do what he asked. What a faith builder for our family! The lord knows us so intimately. He does take care of our needs and makes things that seem impossible, possible. So grateful to know of his gospel and so grateful for the way he blesses my life on a daily basis. My heart is so full of gratitude for a loving, caring, all-knowing Father in Heaven. I hope I can always strive to be worthy of his great love. I know I can never pay him back, he just gives me more, but I know I can be his servant and strive to reach out to others and be his hands here on earth. Still, I think somebody needs to pinch me sometimes. It all seems surreal at times. We are going to S. Korea! It's really happening! Let the craziness begin!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



That is wonderful, Diann! I know we have had times when we did the logical thing and later discovered that if we had exercised a little more faith things would have worked out better. The Lord's way is always the best way!
ReplyDelete