So I totally hate this picture of me, but it's all we got, sooo oh, well. Ronny was Marc Antony, although most people thought he was Caesar Augustus and I am supposed to be Cleopatra his lover. I made his costume and most of mine, except the dress. Ronny got to wear his costume to work so that was kind of fun for him. He covered up his name on his name tag and wrote Marcus. It totally confused people, they thought that was his real name and that he still was Caesar. Guess some people aren't familiar with Roman history or just don't care. It was a fun Halloween!
Sunday, October 31, 2010
Super Heroes, Romans, Egyptians, and a Skunk, OH MY!
This is our Halloween this year. We made our traditional Jack-O-Lanterns, in which Ronny complains that he ends up always being the one cutting them all out and to which my response is that I never asked him to cut them out. So secretly, I think he really likes it.
These were our three Jack-O-Lanterns. And I learned a trick about keeping our pumpkins from shriveling up after just a few days. You just put them in a bucket of water every night and it keeps them from drying out and looking like little old men. Have to remember that for next time.
We've had such a nice fall with amazingly warm weather and as is custom in St. George, it got freezing on Halloween. This year the kids costumes were Caleb-the white ninja from GI Joe (Storm Shadow), Elena- Super Girl, Joshua- Snake Eyes (also from GI Joe), Jakob- Power Ranger, and our cute little Eli was a skunk. Should have seen him with his little tail, it says on the back, "Little Stinker." We thought it was fitting for him.

So I totally hate this picture of me, but it's all we got, sooo oh, well. Ronny was Marc Antony, although most people thought he was Caesar Augustus and I am supposed to be Cleopatra his lover. I made his costume and most of mine, except the dress. Ronny got to wear his costume to work so that was kind of fun for him. He covered up his name on his name tag and wrote Marcus. It totally confused people, they thought that was his real name and that he still was Caesar. Guess some people aren't familiar with Roman history or just don't care. It was a fun Halloween!
So I totally hate this picture of me, but it's all we got, sooo oh, well. Ronny was Marc Antony, although most people thought he was Caesar Augustus and I am supposed to be Cleopatra his lover. I made his costume and most of mine, except the dress. Ronny got to wear his costume to work so that was kind of fun for him. He covered up his name on his name tag and wrote Marcus. It totally confused people, they thought that was his real name and that he still was Caesar. Guess some people aren't familiar with Roman history or just don't care. It was a fun Halloween!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment