DELICIOUS, 100% WHOLE WHEAT, HEALTHY, SUGAR AND EGG FREE PANCAKES
This morning I decided to surprise my husband with breakfast in bed for Father's Day. Since he has been doing so well lately on his diet of eliminating sugar almost completely and eating smaller, more frequent meals, I thought I would experiment a little this morning with his pancakes. And guess what? They turned out even more delicious than regular pancakes. I just wanted to put this recipe down so that I could remember it for next time. This a not just any pancake, it's a power food pancake.
This morning I decided to surprise my husband with breakfast in bed for Father's Day. Since he has been doing so well lately on his diet of eliminating sugar almost completely and eating smaller, more frequent meals, I thought I would experiment a little this morning with his pancakes. And guess what? They turned out even more delicious than regular pancakes. I just wanted to put this recipe down so that I could remember it for next time. This a not just any pancake, it's a power food pancake.
(NOTE: This recipe is quadrupled in order to feed our whole family. We usually freeze any leftovers we have and reheat them in the microwave for another breakfast. This recipe made about 20 five inch diameter pancakes.)
My Pancake Recipe:
4 cups of whole wheat flour )
8 packets of Truvia (all natural sweetener with zero calories, not nutrasweet or splenda)
4 tsp. of baking powder
4 tsp. of baking soda (by the way this was an accident, it was supposed to be a quarter of that and I read the instructions wrong.)
1 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. of cinnamon ( I don't know for sure, because I didn't measure, but this is my best guess.)
4 FLAX eggs (This is 4 tablespoons of flaxseed mixed with 1 cup of water and blended up in a blender, packed full of omega-fatty acids.)
4 cups of vanilla soymilk (you could use milk to replace this)
4 tbsp. of lemon juice
8 tbsp. of cooking oil
Mix the first 6 ingredients together. Mix the soymilk and lemon juice together (this makes your milk kind of like buttermilk). Blend your flaxseed and water to make your FLAX eggs. Add FLAX egg, milk and cooking oil to dry mixture. Stir until moistened (batter is a little lumpy).
Cook on griddle at about 325 degrees. Flip over when the top of your pancakes are full of bubbles.
* * * * Top with your favorite fruit and syrup. We used agave nectar instead of syrup and light cool whip with fresh blueberries. YUMM-O! ENJOY! * * * *
Definitely have to try this again! Usually whole wheat things are heavy, but these pancakes were just as light as regular ones. Love it when an experiment turns out FANTASTIC!



No comments:
Post a Comment