Sunday, April 4, 2010

Joshua's Vacuum Story

About a week ago, Joshua doing his routine vacuuming and the vacuum started to smoke. Turns out, he was sucking up water which caused the bag to wrap around the motor of the vacuum and it burned up. Well, needless to say, I was not happy and he knew it. But, he handled himself quite well. He told me that he would try to get the money to pay for a new vacuum. So the next day, he gathered some of his toys and he told me that he wanted to go and sell them. I told him that he would need to wait for me or his dad to go with him. Apparently, he didn't hear that part, so he ended up leaving with Caleb and a basket full of toys and started knocking on people's doors asking if they would like to buy any of his toys. Well, I'm freaking out, because I realize that he's gone and I can't find him or Caleb. I walk around the block to see if I can find him. Can't see him anywhere. So Ronny jumps in the van and starts searching for him. He finds him at the end of a street near our house with his basket and with his brother. Thank goodness! Ronny proceeds to scold him for leaving without telling us where he was going and trying to help him understand that he could have been taken and all that. His response, "But I was just trying to make some money so I could pay for a new vacuum." "But there just weren't any customers home." Hard to be mad at a kid with that response. All I can say is that he has more guts than I would have had at his age. I hated doing fundraisers for school or softball, going door to door. Yuck! But maybe if he gets practice enough, he will be a great missionary! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment