Sunday, May 17, 2015

Miss Elena's Rockstar 8th Birthday Party

This week we did a fun little party for Elena's birthday and her friend Lydia also had a birthday this week, so we decided to make it a double birthday party. Her mom and I were in the Primary Presidency together and our girls love playing with one another so it was a perfect fit for them. 



I attempted to make some microphone cupcakes and then Amanda- Lydia's mom, brought the donuts and pizza. 


We took some paparazzi pics of the girls dressed up. I made the tutu. It was fun to kind of splurge on girl stuff, since this is Elena's first friend birthday party. The girls were all too cute!


My goofy boys wanted to make the little girls laugh, so they got in on the action. The girls giggled a lot from this little show.


They swam afterwards and I think it was a memorable time for all of them. 

Sidenote: We usually take our kids on a Mom and Dad date to a movie or out to eat. Elena hadn't seen the new Cinderella yet, so on her actual birthday, we went with Amanda and Lydia to go see it at the theater. Daddy was working and he didn't have an interest in seeing that movie. We loved it! It had such a good message of showing kindness even when it is hard. Something that seems too often forgotten in today's world. We give "Cinderella" two thumbs up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment