Sunday, February 9, 2014

I'm Ba-a-a-ck!

After being pretty much nonexistent on this blog for the past two years, I kind of got a kick in the pants yesterday when I went to a Family History Expo. Even though it was only for an hour yesterday, I was reminded again of the importance of keeping a family history and a journal, and since this is the easiest way for me to do that, and we have church at 9 am this year (yay!), here we go again.

Since I've missed some significant events in the past couple of years, I will try to post some quick highlights.
This little booga-bear who happens to be the pride and joy of his siblings (see pic of Caleb and Matthew) has been and continues to be a wonderful and amazing addition to our family. It's funny to look back and see how chubby he was. Such a sweetie-pie!

 Kids with their 'staches. They were interviewing each other and thought the the mustaches were a good addition to their interviews.





Turning one is kind of big deal. =)


NEXT UP. . .  Hiking at Kanaraville Falls


There's a really old park with all metal equipment where we park the cars before we walk up to the hike. The kids had fun playing on this old play equipment especially with cousins.

 Pausing a moment to take a picture with some of God's most beautiful creations. Waterfalls, rocks, trees, this is a beautiful hike.

 One little monkey, swinging on a tree.

 Poor kid was freezing. The water was very cold!


We made it to the falls!



Waiting for the big boys to get back from the falls.


 Look at the pretty flowers, Mommy!

 Alexia is getting a little baby Matthew time.

 These two are having a serious conversation. Most of the time, I would like to be a fly on the wall, just so I could listen in on all their cute little conversations. They are so funny to listen to sometimes. Glad that they are such good little buddies!


I think he actually fell asleep with daddy holding him like this on the way back. He was worn out!

Number THREE event. . . HALLOWEEN 2012

 This was Joshua's first year going to a new charter school and he decided to be a self-portrait.

 Caleb was our Batman, this year.

 Matthew was our little dinosaur.

 Such a cute little witch.

 Eli and Jakob were both ninjas and Ronny and I were like a couple from the Medieval period.



He wanted to be a ninja superhero for these pictures.



FOURTH up is Sofia the First House Party. If you haven't checked out Houseparty.com, I would highly recommend it for getting to try new products for free. They send you a party pack if you are selected as a host and this one just happened to be for the first episode of Disney's new little princess, Sofia the First. We took pictures of each of the girls with their princess costumes and the boys with their prince crowns and capes. Then they watched the Sofia episode and the girls loved dressing up and they all had a good time.






EVENT NUMBER FIVE. . .
This girl turned 6 and lost her first tooth too.

Money from Great Grandma Whittenburg


Bubbles from her other Grandma and a cute outfit too.


NUMERO SIX. . . CAMPING WITH COUSINS IN THE BACKYARD

We went up north for my nieces baptism and the kids camped out in the back yard. Best idea ever! They loved it and so did the parents.





Still going on to NUMBER SEVEN. . . NERF AND CHEETOS HOUSE PARTY!

 This was probably the funnest House Party I have been able to host yet. Can't really go wrong with Nerf guns and Cheetos.





 Game we played with shaving cream, shower caps, and Cheetos. They had to teams and they had to see which team could get the most Cheetos onto the shower cap in a minute.


Sometimes the water bins were not just used as water gun fill up stations.


The favorite part for the little ones was the Cheetos and popsicles.

EVENT NUMBER EIGHT. . .STAYING COOL




Sometimes it is a challenge to stay cool in southern Utah in the summer, so my wonderful hubby built this fun sprinkler/bike/car wash for the kids to play in. It did just the trick to help keep them cool and water the back yard at the same time.


BIG EVENT NUMBER NINE. . . CALEB TURNS EIGHT AND IS BAPTIZED.








 Dressed in white, ready to get baptized.
Proud of this kid and his decision to be baptized.



We had a busy weekend with Caleb's baptism and Joshua's 12th birthday. He received the Aaronic priesthood and his Faith in God Award.


Can't believe this kid is "12."  Wow!  Where does the time go? He is growing into such an amazing young man and so grateful to have him as my oldest. He is such a good example to his siblings. I appreciate his ability to recognize when I need help and to try to be a good leader to his younger siblings. He also was called to be first counselor in the Deacons quorum. Grateful to blessed with such a good kid.



No comments:

Post a Comment