Saturday, December 31, 2011

Jakob's 9th Birthday Spy Party


 This is Jakob's birthday song video.  We had mini cupcakes with some cupcake fondu, found here.  Only problem is, I was not having a good cooking day.  I tried twice to make some good cupcakes and both times, I failed.  I mean they tasted good, but they just feel apart.  So the the fondu was fun, but the cupcakes kept falling apart in the fondu pot.  Darn it!  I just couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong.  Oh, well, the kids were good and they didn't complain.

 This year for Jakob's birthday, I wanted to try and do something extra special for him, because I feel like he gets gypped with his birthday being so close to Christmas.  So I found this cute banner here online to print off and put it up the night before for his birthday.

Also put this on the stairs so  he could come through them when he came down from his room.  All the kids thought that was fun.

I put this on his door to "trap" him in so he would have to break through when he woke up.  The funny thing was, he thought that is was part of the laser game that I told him about for his birthday party and in the middle of the night he had to get up to go to the bathroom and  carefully made his way through the crepe paper to try not to make it fall down.  Funny kid!

 Per his request, he wanted waffles for dinner with strawberry sauce and whipped cream. ( A personal favorite at our house.)  We ended up having it for breakfast instead, also by his request.

 The party was the next day and it was supposed to be a spy party.  They all got spy invites and were asked to wear black, if possible.  This is supposed to be their serious spy look. LOL!  Caleb, being the little clown that he is, thought he needed to smile on purpose.

The super cool spies!  Cousin Andrew showed up a little late, so we took another pic with him.

  This is the laser game.  They had to get through the "lasers" without touching it to practice their super spy skills of sneaking around.  They all thought they needed to go 3 or 4 times.  We also had them make a hover craft with a CD and bottle cap and balloon attached. Got this idea from a blog called Scribbit.  They raced their hover crafts to see whose could fly the farthest.  The idea for the super spy party came from here.  The boys played one other board game called Pictureka to practice their finding/observation skills, which his Aunt Autumn had given him for his birthday.  Along with that, his Grandma Ruesch had given him a spy kit for his birthday.  Both had no idea that we were planning a spy party.  Kind of cool how it all worked out.  And I found all these other fun ideas from being on Pinterest, which is my new fun time sucker.  Just so many fabulous ideas on there.  Anyway, I think he had a really fun time at his birthday party and I was glad that I felt up to giving him a special day just for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment