Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas 2010 at the Hallidays

We got to go up north to my sister's for Christmas this year. Ronny got 4 days in a row off of work, so we took advantage of the opportunity. And someone was so kind and dropped off a $100 dollar bill with a little angel fairy ornament. They knocked and ran away. It sill amazes me sometimes the generousity and kindness of people towards our family. The lord always provides for our needs. Hopefully someday, we can do the same for others.
On Christmas Eve we took the kids to Temple Square to see the beautiful Christmas lights. We got there a little early so we could show them the other things on Temple Square. First stop was the Joseph Smith Memorial Building.

Love the awesome statue of the prophet Joseph Smith.


This Christmas tree was amazing! It reached all the way up to the bottom of the beautiful chandelier hanging from the second floor. So it was almost 2 stories high. It was so pretty, I loved it!







Don't ask, I have no idea what they are doing. Apparently, my kids just love to get their pictures taken, especially when they are being goofy.




Jakob says he looks like a king in this big comfy chair.




Joshua, overlooking the balcony. The intricacy of this building is truly stunning!



Most of the kids pausing to pose for pic with some of the pretty lights.




Loved that Christmas tree lights in the background, so Joshua paused to be in the pic.






Beautiful Salt Lake Temple. Truly a house of God, absolutely beautiful!




The Assembly Hall




Some more pretty lights.
After we finished showing the kids all the nativities from all the different countries and we were leaving to go to the car, Jakob said, "This has been the best Christmas ever!" I asked him why, his response was something like he just loved seeing all the pretty lights and the temple, because they made him happy. What a sweet boy!


This was part of my stocking stuffer that Ronny got for me. Since Reeses are my favorite candy, Ronny got me these. They are half a pound each. CRAZY! I had a hard time eating all that chocolate. But, I finally did succeed after several days!



We really got one big present for all the kids to share and that was a red Wii gaming system. So instead of having them open one big present, we decided to wrap each part of the system seperately. Remotes, nunchuks, charger, and the main system. We had a few other presents for the younger ones and then Christmas Eve, I stayed up late to try to come up with a little poem to send them on a scavenger hunt for their Christmas presents. As I read the poem, I gave them a clue for 3 different areas of Stephanie's basement. They had to figure out where to find their presents. We started with the smaller things and the last present was the actual Wii, which they all got to help open. This is the poem that I wrote at 1 o'clock in the morning. So it's not anything special, but the kids still seemed to enjoy the hunt.

Christmas, Christmas Day is here

Bringing Ruesch kids lots of cheer

But this year there's a trick you see

To find what your gifts will be

Follow the clues and you may find

Some hidden treasures, but be kind

When you get to each destination

Unwrap each gift without hesitation

Choose only one each at a time, my dears

So everyone can enjoy come holiday cheers

Know that we love you and each gift you get

Should remind you why our Christmas tree's lit.

The Savior was born, the "light" on Christmas Day

And we should try to be like him in every way.

He gave us his life, the greatest gift of all

Remember, remember and let's not forget

Whose birthday it is, now go have a ball.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your first clue is: I'm kind of square and painted white. I have no handles, but that's allright. I'm underneath a countertop and something that makes popcorn pop.
(My sister's little kitchenette cabinet in her basement.)
It took them a little bit to figure this out, but they got it.

Your second clue is: I am brown and have a lid. Sometimes children, I have hid.
(Brown leather ottoman with a lid. The kids liked to hide in there for hide and seek, but this had to be off limits, because some kids were locking kids inside by sitting on top of it.)
They had no problem figuring this one out.

Your last clue is: I have a white curtain to cover me. It's a really good place to get clean, you see. There's water and soap and some shampoo, betcha don't have a clue! =)

Let's just say that they were so excited to get a Wii, the boys said it was their best Christmas ever. They didn't care if it was their only gift to share with each other. Even the little ones like to get in on the action. It was really a fun Christmas! But I love Christmas no matter what, it's my favorite season!

1 comment:

  1. Diann, you are so creative! What a fun way to give your kids their presents. I love the poem you wrote. They'll always remember that as the best Christmas, I'm sure.

    Your family pictures are adorable! I can't believe how big your kids are getting.

    ReplyDelete